Southeastern Med is a premier medical facility located in Cambridge and serving Guernsey and Noble Counties in southeastern Ohio. Over the years, we’ve grown from a small community hospital into an innovative, acute health care center serving more than 4,000 inpatients and nearly 100,000 outpatients each year. Plus, more than 300 surgeries are performed here monthly.
We are committed to our patients, employees and community, and we continuously reinvest to improve our facilities and technology. With more than 26 medical specialties, Southeastern Med physicians and doctors offer quality care close to home.
Ninety-five percent of Southeastern Med physicians have earned board certification, which involves undergoing rigorous training, passing a national exam and taking steps to maintain board-certified status. And Southeastern Med is proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission, the national accrediting body for hospitals and other health care delivery organizations.
In addition to providing hospital-based medical services, we host numerous free or reduced-cost community screenings, wellness education, and health awareness events throughout the year - more than most major health systems.
Prior to the construction of the medical center, there were several small hospitals in Cambridge, Ohio. To meet the needs of our growing community, several of the hospitals joined together in 1946 and raised a projected $350,000 to build a new hospital.
We first opened our doors in 1952 as Guernsey Memorial Hospital, named after Guernsey County. In 1966, we consolidated with St. Francis Hospital and, as our medical services increased in subsequent years, we completed a $10 million dollar facility expansion and upgrade.
Early in the 1980s, we added a surgery center, laboratory, and radiology division.
A few years later we expanded the Emergency Department and opened an intensive care unit and our Community Health Link building to focus on mammography services. In 1995 Guernsey Memorial Hospital changed its name to Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center.
In 2001 we joined with The Ohio State University’s Ross Heart Hospital to offer cardiac catheterization in Cambridge. We also added a cardiac catheterization lab, a sleep disorder center and a childbirth center, as well as new building on Brick Church Road, which houses industrial medicine, physical and occupational rehabilitation, and sports medicine. In 2004, Southeastern Med established a new wound care wing at its main campus.
Southeastern Med has kept pace with the growth in outpatient services as healthcare technology advances. Today, our medical center continues to offer a full complement of services at our 84-bed facility.
Southeastern Med is Guernsey County’s only general acute healthcare center and its largest employer. We continue to upgrade our technology and increase our staff and physicians to provide you with the best possible medical care, right here at home.