Experience: 28 Years
Specialties: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of Expertise
- Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angiography
- Cardiac Risk Assessment
- Carotid Artery Disease & Stenting
- Chronic Coronary Occlusion and Intervention
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
Dr. Gary M. Ansel is an internationally renowned interventional expert, both in peripheral vascular and cardiovascular procedures. He serves as an invited faculty member at many of the largest cardiovascular conferences and medical meetings all over the world.
Dr. Ansel has been appointed associate medical director of the OhioHealth Research and Innovation Institute in Columbus, Ohio, and is a member of the OhioHealth Research Industry Council. He serves as a primary investigator for numerous national and international research trials helping to develop improved patient care to those suffering with peripheral and cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Ansel hosts several industry sponsored training courses attended by national and international physicians. Currently, he serves as system medical chief of the OhioHealth Vascular Program and assistant clinical professor of medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio. Dr. Ansel resides with his family in Upper Arlington.
- Fellowship: Ohio State University Hospitals (1992) in Cardiovascular Disease
- Residency: Medical University of Ohio at Toledo (1989) in Internal Medicine
- Internship: Medical University of Ohio at Toledo (1987) in Internal Medicine
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine (1986)
- Am Bd Internal Medicine (1989)
- Am Bd Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease) (1991)
- Am Bd Internal Medicine (Interventional Cardiology) (2003)
OhioHealth Heart & Vascular Physicians
1325 Clark Street
Cambridge, Ohio 43725
P: (740) 630.9708 | F: (740) 630.9709