Southeastern Med’s Audiologist, located at 1212 Neal Drive in Cambridge, offers comprehensive audiology services, including:
• Hearing assessments
• Diagnostic evaluations
• Hearing aid fitting, programming and adjustment
• Cochlear implants
Our audiologist also works closely with our ENT specialists to treat ear infections, correct Eustachian tube function, and treat balance issues associated with ear health conditions.
Diagnostic audiology services are often completed in conjunction with the medical examination. If the results of your hearing test and medical exam indicate a need for medical intervention, our audiologist has direct access to specialists who can provide the necessary medical management.
Our audiology services are scheduled on referral, so talk with your doctor about any hearing problems you’re having.
Hearing problems affect people of all ages. Common hearing problems include:
1. Conductive hearing loss: caused by problems with the ear canal, ear drum or middle ear.
2. Sensorineural hearing loss: nerve-related hearing loss caused by problems of the inner ear.
3. Mixed hearing loss: combination hearing loss caused by damage to the outer or middle ear and the inner ear or auditory nerve.
4. Tinnitus: ringing or buzzing in the ears.
5. Single-sided deafness: little or no hearing on one side and normal hearing on the other.
6. Ceruminosis: waxy build-up in the ear canal that causes hearing difficulty.
7. Ear infections: inflammation and fluid build-up in the middle ear can cause temporary or long-term hearing difficulty.
What is an Audiologist?
Audiologists are healthcare professionals who identify, assess and manage disorders of the auditory and balance systems. Audiologists provide hearing rehabilitation to children and adults of all ages. Audiologists must have a minimum of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in order to practice, and they must also be licensed in the state in which they practice. Finally, audiologists must abide by the Codes of Ethics outlined by their national organizations, the American-Speech-Language Hearing Association, and the American Academy of Audiology.
For more information about Southeastern Med’s Audiology services give us a call at 740.439.8467, or visit our office at:
1210 Neal Drive
Cambridge, Ohio 43725