At Southeastern Med, we recognize that our clinical laboratory staff plays an important role in providing information that allows physicians to better diagnose and treat our patients. When visiting the lab for testing it is extremely important that you follow all of your physicians’ instructions for testing, including dietary and medication restrictions, to ensure the best results.
- Transfusion services – Responsible for type and cross matching blood components and antibody screening.
- General Lab – Total laboratory automation system for hematology, coagulation, chemistry, special chemistry, and urinalysis testing.
- Microbiology – Lab providing bacteriology, virology, mycobacteriology and parasitology testing.
- Molecular Microbiology – Perform testing for infectious diseases such as MRSA & C. difficile.
Some tests require that you go without food or drink for a certain amount of time. Fasting tests include Lipid profile, triglyceride, HDL cholesterol and others. Normally, you should not eat or drink for 12 hours prior to having blood drawn for these tests. Small sips of water and prescribed medication may be taken. Always follow your doctor’s advice on the specific preparations that you should follow.
Please bring your insurance card to ensure a quick and correct registration.
Your doctor will give you a laboratory requisition indicating the test you need to take, along with information for Laboratory use. Federal regulations require that we receive this order before we register you for tests.
Our outpatient drawing room hours are:
- Monday through Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- The outpatient drawing room is closed on Sundays and major holidays.
If you have more questions about our Laboratory services, please call the office at 740.439.8068.