Caring for yourself doesn't just mean going to the doctor when you feel ill; it's about how you spend your day-to-day life.
We invite our friends and family in Cambridge, Guernsey County and Southeastern Ohio to take an active part in their wellness, learn more about your health, and work to improve it every day.
Call 740.439.8000 to ask us about:
Outpatient Nutition Counseling
Our Registered Dietitian can help you understand what you should eat and why. We oﬀer outpatient nutrition counseling and education for:
- Weight Management (for all ages)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Pregnancy & Lactation
- Sports Nutrition
- Kidney Disease
- And more
To schedule an appointment:
- Contact your physician and ask for a referral to see a dietitian.
- Contact Central Scheduling at 740.439.8930 to set up an appointment with the dietitian.
Southeastern Med will submit charges to your medical coverage provider. This does not guarantee coverage by your plan. Your health plan provider will be able to confirm if nutrition/dietitian services are covered by your plan.
Diabetes Education Program
Are you having difficulty managing your diabetes? Southeastern Med’s Diabetes Education program can provide FREE help! You don't need a physician referral to participate.
Our Diabetes Education Program includes:
One Private Session:
- Discuss your current management of diabetes
- Glucose meter instruction and use
- Oral medication, insulin and other injectable medication instruction
- Diet recommendations
Three Group Classes:
- Understanding diabetes, treatment options, and how to monitoring your condition
- Healthy lifestyle management tips, including diet and exercise recommendations
- Preventing complications
- Medications used to treat diabetes
Sessions and classes are held by a registered nurse, certified diabetes educator and a registered/licensed dietitian. If you are unable to attend the group class setting, individualized classes can be arranged.
For more information, or to register, call 740-435-2946.